All You Need To Know About Fully Automatic Horizontal Autoclave Manufacturers
What are autoclaves? An autoclave comes from the word “auto clavis” which means self-locking device. It is a machine used for sterilization, particularly created to heat aqueous solutions at a normal atmosphere above their boiling point.
Autoclaves enable the bacteria, viruses, spores, and other organisms present on equipment to get destroyed, thus sterilizing the equipment. In simpler words, It kills these organisms using steam. This machine is widely used in industrial operations, scientific labs, and tending facilities.
India is known for its fully automatic horizontal autoclave manufacturers.
How Does An Autoclave Work?
An autoclave works on the concept of damp-heat sterilization. This process works when the steam and high pressure are generated inside the cells of an autoclave, causing the bacteria or viruses to get killed. This increased pressure not only gets to the surface of the cells but also the gaping parts of it, leaving no organisms behind in the process.
It works using three-cycle phases of sterilization.
- Purge phase: This is the first phase of sterilization where steam is generated inside the cell, replacing the existing air. This steam moves through the sterilizer, beginning the process of sterilization.
- Exposure phase: This second phase of sterilization begins when the pressure and temperature present in the chamber is increased to a point leading the exhaust valve to get closed.
- Exhaust phase: In this last phase, the temperature, and pressure are restored to a normal level and the exhaust valve is opened
Types Of Autoclave
Among various others, these are the two most common types of autoclaves :
- Vertical autoclave: Vertical autoclaves have a door that rotates upwards allowing you to access the chamber from beneath.
- Horizontal autoclave: Unlike vertical autoclaves, horizontal autoclaves have a door that opens toward you.
The difference between both these types of autoclaves lies in the orientation of this door.
Uses Of Horizontal Autoclave
Horizontal autoclaves are preferred worldwide for numerous uses. They are used in industrial, medical, education, and research.
Since rectangular vessels work wonderfully for sterilizing flat trays of surgical instruments, most of these are fitted with rectangular pressure vessels.
However, if you’re doing anything other than that such as processing waste loads, testing materials, or preparing growth media. Rectangular vessels can cause issues and disrupt everything.
Automatic Autoclave Manufacturers
Like the name itself suggests automatic horizontal autoclaves work pretty much on their own with a few commands. They are ideal for people who do not wish to do as much and thus are great.
There are various manufacturers for horizontal autoclaves. One of which is the Thymol Autoclave which is located in Ambala, Haryana.
Thymol autoclave is one of the leading industries that supplies and manufactures everything from horizontal autoclaves, vertical autoclaves, and rectangular autoclaves to portable autoclaves. Not to mention in both standard and custom designs.
Precautions to take when using an autoclave
- Don’t sterilize waterproof materials such as powder or oil
- Use autoclavable bags for autoclave wastes
- Don’t overcrowd the autoclave with any equipment or vessel.
- Never try to open the machine while it’s still operating or fill it up to the lid.
- Never use aluminum foils
This was some short and important information about autoclaves; how they work, what are the types, principles, precautions, and manufacturers you have to know if you’re investing in one.